Science Image Library: General Biology Micrographs
Science Image Library
General Biology Microscopic Specimen Images
from Science Prof Online
1. Newsprint of letter "e"
2. Newsprint letter "e"
3. Newsprint letter "e"
1. Human cheek epithelial cells stained with methylene blue @100xTM
2. Human cheek epithelial cells stained with methylene blue @400xTM
3. Mixed slide of stained protozoa 100xTM
4. Trypanosoma, cause of African sleeping sickness @400x TM
5. Cheek cell and oral bacteria @100xTM
1. Elodea plant cells @100xTM;
2. Elodea plant cells, small cell layer @400xTM;
3. Elodea plant cells, big cell layer @400xTM;
4. Pumpkin stem @40xTM;
5. Tilia stem @40xTM;
6. Onion epidermal plant cells @100xTM;
7. Onion epidermal plant cells @400xTM;
8 & 9. Onion epidermal plant cells stained with iodine @400xTM; 10.
Volvox algae @100xTM.
Newsprint Letter "e" Through Light Microscope
Animal Cells Viewed Through Light Microscope
(Click on image to enlarge. See more > Eukaryotes.) Plant & Algae Cells (Click on image to enlarge. See more Plants.)
How to Make a Wet Mount Microscope Slide
(Click image to enlarge.)
1. Place drop of water or physiological saline on slide;
2. Place specimen in liquid (onion skin pictured);
3 & 4. Use stain if cells are colorless (iodine pictured);
5. Place cover slip on slide. Reduce number of air bubbles trapped under cover slip by placing one edge of the cover slip on the slide and then letting the rest of the cover slip drop onto the slide.
Multi-cellular Microscopic Animals
1. Deer tick Ixoides sp @40x; 2. Hydra budding @ 40xTM; 3. Obelia @ 40x; 4. Trichinella in muscle @100xTM.
Didn't find what you need?
Search SPO for a Photo
Click on an image below to enlarge. To save an image to your computer, right click on it and select "Save".
For those in need of high-resolution images, we will soon be offering hi-res files of many photos in the Science Image Library.
Science Prof Online has a continuously growing collection of copyright-free science images. If you use one of our images, we just ask that you give us credit and provide a link to the SPO website (www.scienceprofonline.com).
Classroom-tested Biology Homework Assignments
You have FREE access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory biology course. The Virtual Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions & Practice Test Questions.
Science Prof Online
Page last updated: 1/2016
Young children are natural born scientists, full of curiosity! Join the at-home experiments and explorations of a scientist mom & her kids.